615 South College Pops the Top Friday, August 14th
Portman Holdings to Kick off 615 South College Construction with “Pop the Top” Ceremony; Governor Pat McCrory and Mayor Dan Clodfelter to Speak at Event
August 14th, 2015
The Westin Hotel Motorcourt: 601 South College Street
Portman Holdings will hold a “Pop the Top” ceremony to formally kick off construction of 615 South College, the 370,000 SF Class-A Office Tower directly adjacent to The Westin Hotel.
Planned speakers include North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory, Charlotte Mayor Dan Clodfelter, and Vice Chair of the Mecklenburg County Commission Dumont Clark.
The event will begin at 10am in the Westin hotel motor court, located at 601 South College Street.
- Downtown Charlotte office tower on College Street directly adjacent to The Westin overlooking downtown, I-277, and South End.
- Designed by John Portman and Associates and developed by Portman Holdings.
- 370,000 SF, 19 stories (17 stories for occupancy, top two stories for building equipment); designed for LEED
- Design includes four two-story balconies and elevated green terrace connecting the building to the Stonewall
LYNX station and future Whole Foods development.
- Features floor-to-ceiling windows, a fitness center with locker rooms, and a conference facility.
- Built atop the underground Westin Hotel parking garage; The Westin was developed by Portman Holdings in
2003, and the garage was designed and built for future office development.
- The building will have two main entrances; one directly off of College Street, and one facing the Westin Hotel
- Ready for occupancy in February 2017; Holder Construction serves as general contractor.
The latest news.View All News
Trinity Partners announces the sale of One & Two Fairview Center
Beauxwright’s 1900 West Morehead in FreeMoreWest to deliver this fall
North Charlotte’s Harris Corners sells to CP Group, Trinity Partners office leasing retains assignment
Trinity Partners announces the sale of Packard Place
Trinity Partners to manage Portman Holding’s The Line in South End
Backdrop Coffee to open at Station West